So a new year has come. What can you look forward to as a senior this 2018? We’re rounding them up here.
While you add more years to your life, this year may mark a more significant change as you become a senior this 2018. This can then bring so many changes to your life–some good, some bad, some depending on how you look at it.
However, it still pays to always look at the bright side. So here are some things you can look forward to as a senior this 2018, as we ring in this new year.
1. Senior discounts. Prepare the paperwork for your Senior Citizen ID, and be prepared for a wide range of opportunities, treats, and freebies that only seniors can have. Get huge discounts in malls, groceries, and restaurants. Have the most convenient parking spaces specially saved for seniors.
2. Camaraderie. Seniors have a special bond. You have other people who can share your aging woes with, and this is very unique and fascinating. There are seniors who have mornings out together, or spend the afternoons at the cafe. Finding friends who you can share your journey with is priceless.
3. Wisdom. Wisdom comes with age. This saying can indeed be true. You’re the most experienced person almost everywhere you go and people may always ask you for advice.
4. Steady finances. If you played your cards right when you were younger, then you should be enjoying your pension right now. So it’s time to stop working and make your senior years all about kicking up your heels and taking things slow.
5. Grandchildren. You now have plenty of time to play with your grandkids and shower them with affection.
6. Free time. Now that you have more time in your hands, you can do as you please. You can take up a new hobby, work on regaining your strength and health when necessary, or put up a passion project. You have all the time in the world now.
If your loved one is managing a health problem or condition and needs help, Big Hearts is here. We provide top-notch adult daycare and assisted living services. Call or text us at 09565012540 to learn more.